Diane Freaney LLC is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Diane Freaney and/or The Emerson Street House LLC, an Oregon Benefits Company, and/or Duncan Farms LLC, an Oregon Benefits Company, and/or rooted investing LLC, an Oregon Benefits Company, and/or Art For Everyone PDX, 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
We do not solicit donations, submit grant applications or respond to RFP (requests for proposals). These activities are time sucks, which stifle our creativity.
We use our own money to support art and education projects that are consistent with our values. We call this form of investing MOM (My Own Money). MOM is the exact opposite of OPM (Other People’s Money)
If you share our values and believe in the work that we are doing, feel free to mail us a Check (in US Dollars) made payable to Emerson Street House LLC 1006 NE Emerson Street UNIT B Portland, OR 97211. We will protect your privacy by not posting your logo or listing your name anywhere on our web site. We will provide the list of payments received to our Credit Union, the IRS and other auditors. We will comply with all banking regulations and the Patriot Act to assure that accepting your payment is not money laundering.
If your payment, which qualifies as a business expense, is over $600 and you are a US taxpayer, please file Form 1099-MISC with the IRS. Our internally produced financial statements and Form 1040 Schedule C are posted online each year as soon as we complete them.
We also accept Cash payments. Just visit the Emerson Street House and leave in the tip jar by the door in Unit A.
If you want to donate to our 501(C)(3) Non-Profit because you need a tax deduction, please mail a check made payable to Art For Everyone PDX 1006 NE Emerson Street UNIT B Portland, OR 97211. Your cancelled check will be your tax deductible receipt.
I (Diane Freaney) chose to be a Public Person. I am active on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These are my web sites – DianeFreaney.com, rootedinvesting.com, emersonstreethouse.com, and artforeveryone.com.
My blog is My Opinion Is My Own. If you don’t agree with me, please disagree respectfully, in the comment section of my blog or in the public sections on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
DO NOT PM or Messenger me. This is a tactic used by lobbyists and I will unfriend you.
If you want me to mentor you, or you want some advice, or you want to share your story, or you want to volunteer your services, come to the Emerson Street House when the house is open to the public, usually between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM each day.
The following categories are Public Persons by virtue of their education, certifications the category of organization that employs them –
- All elected officials
- All persons who are employees of any governmental unit
- All persons/organizations that provide paid services to any governmental unit
- Financial Advisors
- Insurance Agents
- All employees of any of the 27 non-profit organizations recognized by the IRS
- All board members of any of the 27 non-profit organizations recognized by the IRS
- All employees of Benefits Companies, B Corporations, etc. where the organization adopts TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY as organizational values
- All board members of Benefits Companies, B Corporations, etc. where the organization adopts TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY as organizational values
We also consider any seller/supplier who we purchase anything from to be Public People. We provide positive feedback when we feel we get good value for our investment. We will provide negative feedback when we feel the product we provide was shoddy, we felt cheated, gaslighted, treated disrespectfully or stuck with a shoddy outcome/product because of the fine print we couldn’t read.
Public People are targets for hackers. If you think we have been hacked, please tell us immediately so we can work to remedy the situation.
Lurkers are very important people. We encourage you to learn about our work by reading blog posts directly on our web site and leaving no trace you ever visited.
We respect your right to be a Private Person. If we have “outed” you in the past, we apologize. We promise to learn from our mistakes.
We use Mail Chimp, Word Press and Squarespace for outgoing e-mail and web sites.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Diane Freaney LLC
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
To Protect Your Privacy, We Don’t Accept Credit Cards
We do not accept Credit Cards to protect your privacy. We believe that Credit Card Companies (American Express, Visa, Mastercard) and Paypal (which owns Venmo) are the source of the most egregious privacy violations. Diane shares her own experience as an example.
Diane’s Credit Cards have been hacked too many times. The final straw was when Diane accepted calls from the Multnomah County Jail through the SECURUS INMATE CALL 800-814-6591. Diane was sitting at Credit Union Banker’s desk when Diane received a call on her cell. Caller asked if Diane had made a charge which he described. Diane said NO. Caller told Diane to talk to her banker. Diane told Caller he could talk to her banker and handed the phone to Credit Union Banker. Who knows how many fraudulent charges would have been charged to Diane’s Debit Card if Diane had not been sitting at Credit Union Banker’s desk.
There was only one fraudulent charge – MATTERMARK. Diane’s Debit Card had to be closed which was a huge hassle. Diane is so grateful to my Credit Union Banker for her help.
Diane started using a Visa Credit Card which was issued through her Credit Union. The person who was calling from Jail was still in Jail so I received another call on SECURUS INMATE CALL 800-814-6591. And another fraudulent charge – TRANSFIRST 602-378-3561 $76.50. Diane called the number. No answer. Credit Union Banker called the number. No answer. Credit Union Banker told Diane that “no answer” on phone number is an indication of a fraudulent charge. Diane’s Credit Card was closed and a new one issued. Another huge hassle.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
Mail Chimp and Google Analytics are the only place where we collect your information. You can opt out at any time. If you ask us to delete your information, we will. We do not allow paid advertising on our sites and we would never sell your information.
We share your data with:
Connected third parties:
- Mailchimp and Google Analytics
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Representative Contact in the EU
Name: Agencia de Protección de Datos Email: email@example.com
Phone: +34 91399 6200
Phone: +353 57 868 4800
Last modification was made July 9, 2018.